These are open forums for people to share ideas and ask questions. The following
guidelines have been drafted to help keep these forums running smoothly:
- It's all about you.
In other words, it is about a community of people, not a collection of boats.
Feel free to discuss anything of interest. Please do not be concerned about
staying "on topic", as anything that a sailor is interested in is on-topic. The very demographics of the site's readership (sailors) will
keep the discussions generally about sailing. However, other topics will come up
(everything from politics to family). If a topic is not to your liking,
please just skip it. The best way to waste bandwidth and clutter the forum is to
start meta-discussions, which are discussions about what to discuss. Meta-discussions
ultimately go nowhere, and are a far surer way of starting a flame war than any other subject.
- You are free to express your opinions, in a reasonable and
courteous manner. Remember, we have lots of new sailors here,
and your support and kindness is appreciated by all. Feel free to
express strong opinions, but keep in mind that people appreciate
courtesy as well as honest advice, and your opinions will be much
better received when expressed in a positive manner. Remember,
there is a big difference between disagreeing with someone and
attacking them on a personal level.
- You are not free to be a jerk. This website is privately
owned and operated by SailboatOwners.com. We run this site, we are responsible for its content, and just like the editor of a
magazine, we must decide what is appropriate and what is not. If you act
like a jerk, you will be banned.
We will make no warrantee to be fair or preserve your right to
free speech. You have the
right to express any opinion you choose. If you are looking
to troll or flame, take it elsewhere.
- Reader beware. On this board the reader will
find facts, competent advice, advice, and opinion. Sometimes it is
difficult to ascertain the difference. The individual reader must
evaluate and determine the suitability of any material on this board
to his/her own situation. In other words, take everything with a grain of salt.
- Foul language is really not appreciated and is
unnecessary. This is an all ages board. Please, try to keep your
language reasonable. Lets at least strive for PG13.
- No commercial messages. If you want to promote your business on board, buy
some advertising space.
- Post for-sale and want-ad messages to the Classifieds, not to the discussion boards. Classified ads, and our online store, are we pay the bills for all this hardware, software, and bandwidth. Please respect that effort by using our services when appropriate. Thanks!
- Aliases are permitted, however posting under multiple aliases/personalities is prohibited. Providing a valid email address is also appreciated,
but not required.
- Impersonating other posters is not permitted. If you
fraudulently post under another participants name,
expect to be booted out. Remember, every message that is posted contains the IP address of the author.
- Posting of copyrighted material (without permission of the
author) is not permitted. This is just a reminder, as it really should go without saying.
- Posting of software "cracks", i.e. codes or procedures that
permit the theft of shareware or commercial software is not
permitted. Such messages will be removed and the poster will be asked to leave.
- Removal of posts and loss of access. SailboatOwners.com reserves the right to remove posts or block access to any user at its discretion.
- Use of this forum constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
Other web sites by SailboatOwners.com...